skip to main | skip to sidebar

SAVESOMALIA

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Life in Somalia: Personal stories

Nimo:
Khat dealer
"The government should regulate khat - it's bad. I wish I had another job"

Abdi:
Refugee
"I see a dark future for my children. There are no schools or health services"

Halima:
Refugee
"I am too busy looking for food to think about the peace process"

Bashir:
Gunman
"The gun rules Somalia today - my gun is how I support my family"



Posted by Jean, Darshana, Diana, Maria-Adriana at 9:03 PM
Labels: Life in Somalia:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Followers

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2009 (17)
    • ▼  April (17)
      • UN to fight piracy
      • Somali Pirates Flashback: UN Resolution vs Rogue P...
      • UN Security Council Resolution on Somalia
      • UN Security Council adopts resolution on fighting ...
      • In pictures: Mogadishu life
      • Life in Somalia: Personal stories
      • Facts on Somalia
      • Country profile: Somalia
      • Piracy symptom of bigger problem
      • Somali Pirate Thugs (Terrorists?) Vow to Fight Ame...
      • Standoff With Pirates Shows U.S. Power Has Limits
      • Somalia in the News Again : Pirates Attack
      • A civilian army of entrepreneurs and expatriates o...
      • WHERE IS SOMALIA?
      • Map of Failed States
      • Life in Somalia
      • What is a Failed State?

About Me

My photo
Jean, Darshana, Diana, Maria-Adriana
I, and three of my classmates, are AP Art History students who decided to share our knowledge of Greek sculptures and the changes they go through throughout history.
View my complete profile